Tuesday 22 November 2016

The Du Lac Devil is now available for pre-order!


“You broke into a prison
 dressed as a woman?”


I am so excited! The Du Lac Devil is now available for Pre-Order on Amazon Kindle.



Things are not going well for the Du Lac boys, and Josephine is going to have to make some very difficult decisions. Read on for a quick book extract…

***

“The Du Lac brothers are loyal to each other.”
Philippe snorted at that statement. “No, they are not, that is a myth. Alden doesn’t give a damn what happens here as long as his precious Cerniw is left untouched and I promise you, I will be a better ally to him than Budic ever was. He will welcome me. Alden likes me.”
“And what about Merton?” Josephine challenged. “You do not want to make him your enemy.”
“Merton does not scare me,” Philippe stated bravely. “And besides, that is where you come in. I need your help, my love. You and Merton were once close, and I know you can get him to see things from my point of view. Unless of course, you would like me to avenge you, he deserves to die after the way he treated you.” She could hear the anger in his voice. She had forgotten she had confided in Philippe. It seemed so long ago when she had first cried in his arms. He had held her and told her that Merton du Lac was a fool and that she was better off without him.
“I don’t want Merton to die. I don’t want any of them to die. I am not going to help you with this insane scheme of yours. Anyway, Merton and Alden will not be here for much longer. Your challenge to the throne is not imminent…is it?”
“This time next week, I will be king,” Philippe spoke with absolute confidence. “Of that, you can be certain. And you will be my queen.” Philippe smiled, his eyes lighting with determination. “And together, we can bring about a new court, a new age. My reign will be remembered as something to aspire too. It is going to happen. Help me. And I will reward you. I will make every single one of your dreams come true.”
Josephine shook her head. “You are the one that is dreaming, Philippe. Please, whatever you have planned, stop and think about the implications. Without the army’s support, your plans will come to nothing. Can you not see that?”
“Oh Josephine,” he closed the distance between them and took her hand in his. “I am not dreaming. The events of the past few days have been planned for a very long time. It is the beginning of the end for the du Lacs, and now I have taken care of Anna-”
“What do you mean by that?” She searched his face for answers. “Did you have a hand in the Queen’s death?” Her face lost all signs of colour as she continued to look at him. The death of the Queen had been so unexpected, and the baby had been doing so well. “Did you kill them?” she couldn’t believe she was even asking him that. The man before her wasn’t the man she knew.
“I know you are scared, but there is nothing to be scared of,” Philippe said, evading her question. “I promise you, my darling. I have everything under control. Just help me with this one small problem.”
“You did, didn’t you?” Josephine backed away from him. “How could you?” she cried. “Anna was my friend and the baby…he was an innocent.”
“An heir to the throne is hardly innocent.” He made himself smile, and he held his hand out towards her.
She flinched away from his touch. “Don’t you dare touch me,” she warned.
He grabbed her arm tightly and pulled her towards him. “I didn’t kill them. It was just something unfortunate that happened, but I am not going to deny that her death has worked in my favour. You will be my queen,” he spat the words at her like an order. “And you will do as you are told. I want Merton du Lac to be on my side, because with his support the transfer of power will go all the more smoothly. If you do this for me, then I will reward you. If you do not, then your head will join Budic’s. Am I making myself clear?”

***

“Believe me, there is no halo hanging over my head...”


Reserve your copy today by following one of the links below!





Thank you so much for your continuous support, it means a great deal to me!

Happy Reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx