Saturday 30 December 2017

Writing, Knights, and Chasing Dreams ~ Mary Anne Yarde’s 2017 #amwriting #HistFic



Writing, Knights, and Chasing Dreams
2017




Here we are again. Another year is coming to an end, and once again I am looking back.

2017 has been the most extraordinary year.

For me, it has been a year of awards.



I thought, when I had finished writing The Du Lac Devil (Book 2 of The Du Lac Chronicles), that it could be something special, but I wasn't expecting this...

Readers' Favorite Finalist 2017
IAN Book Of The Year Award Finalist 2017
Golden Quill Award Winner 2017
Chill with a Book Readers' Award 2017
BooksGoSocial Readers Choice Award Shortlisted 2017



I have just found out that The Du Lac Devil has also been awarded a Discovered Diamond Award. Very exciting!

Not to be left out. The Du Lac Chronicles has also been awarded a Discovered Diamond Award this year as well.




Research. Research. Research.

I have spent many hours researching the fabulous Dark Ages this year. I decided that I really need to go to Cornwall, for research purposes of course — that is what I told my husband anyway. I had an absolute fabulous time. I love Cornwall.

Tintagel
The Hurlers ~ Bodmin Moor


I published The Du Lac Princess (Book 3 of The Du Lac Chronicles) back in October, and it went straight into number one in its genre and got that coveted orange bestselling badge from Amazon, and it kept it for two days! I was very emotional when I saw that.



I can't express how thankful I am to all my lovely readers who are on this incredible journey with me.  Your support has meant so much over the last few years. You are the best! Thank you!

In other news, this blog has continued to grow, and I am astounded by how many pages read I have each day. Thank you to everyone who supports this blog, and I hope in the coming year, you will continue to enjoy it. I have some wonderful and very talented authors lined up for next year. It is going to be fabulous. Make sure you come back often and check it out.

Back at home, we had the excitement of a new puppy. I am a little bit biased, but I do think he is the best dog in the world.


We named him Aramis, after the Musketeer. We have our very own Muskehound!

Like the Musketeer Aramis, our Aramis is overflowing with love. He loves everybody, apart from the vet. He doesn't like her. He did, but then he got an ear infection, and now he is not so keen. Putting that aside, Aramis is such a happy little fellow who follows me around everywhere. I call him my little shadow. He is actually lying on my feet as I type.

My daughter asked me if we can have an Athos, Porthos, and D'Artagnan as well, but I think one Springer Spaniel is enough... For now!

So what are my plans for next year?

I am currently writing Book 4 of The Du Lac Chronicles, and I am loving where it is going at the moment. Merton du Lac is fighting me for creative control, as he always does! Some things never change. There may be one or two surprises — my lips are sealed and I am not telling. I have yet to give this book a name, but I am sure I will come up with something sooner or later. I am hoping to publish it sometime in the latter half of 2018, it really depends if Merton behaves himself!

All that is left for me to say is I hope you have a wonderful new year and a prosperous and peaceful 2018.

All my love,

Mary Anne







-->

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your awards. Your puppy is so sweet! I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'Artagnan and the Muskehounds, I had forgotten all about that!! I think Aramis was a spaniel on that, wasn't he? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'Artagnan and the Muskehounds was one of my favourite TV shows when I was a child. And yes, Aramis was a spaniel!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations mo chara!! So happy for you with all your success and wishing you more with book #4! Love Aramis what a big boy since I saw his baby pic! Tell Merton to behave himself, Caleb actually does that to me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is funny how the characters seem to take over!!

      Delete
  4. What a busy year you have had. I LOVED The Du Lac Devil so I can't say I'm surprised by all the awards. Your Puppy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx