Tuesday 3 May 2016

May Newsletter from author Mary Anne Yarde



I hope you have had a great month. The weather in England has been pretty depressing - grey clouds, cold winds and rain…let’s not forget about the rain. We have even had hailstorms and dare I say a little bit of snow.  Thankfully, the trees are now beginning to come back to life. Winter in England may be unpleasant, but she more than makes up for it in the spring and summer. I cannot wait to be able to venture outside without wrapping myself up like I am about to embark on an arctic adventure!


We did manage to climb up Glastonbury Tor today…in-between the rain clouds. It was such fun to watch the new born lambs racing around at the bottom of the Tor, playing their version of tag and leaping high in the air at the sheer joy of being alive.

 So, apart from the cold, damp weather and the sweet baby lambs, what’s new in my world?


Well, to start with, I published my novella, The Pitchfork Rebellion, on Amazon. ‘Pitchfork’ went straight in to the top ten in the UK and in US, which was fantastic. I wasn’t expecting this book to generate so much interest, but it did.  So a big thank you to all who have bought it.

I finished the first draft of The Du Lac Devil (Book 2 of The Du Lac Chronicles), just the other day. I now face the not so pleasant task of re-writes and making sure the book is exactly how I want it to be, before I send it off to the editor. I will of course keep you posted as to the books progress. But I am aiming to release the book around fall.

I have loved every minute of writing The Du Lac Devil. I have enjoyed getting to know Merton du Lac better, and I was intrigued as to where the story was going to take me. I knew, before I wrote the first sentence of this book, how the story was going to end, but I left it up to Merton as to how I was going to get him there. I should have known better. He certainly threw some spanners into the works – I know this sounds totally mad, but at times he seemed to have control of this story – he would leave me gasping in shock, crying, “Merton! No, what are you doing?” Little good it did me, Merton always does what he wants. No wonder Budic isn’t talking to him!

Anyway, that is all for now. I hope you have a fantastic month - there is a lot going on in the blog this month, so be sure to keep an eye on it. 















No comments:

Post a Comment

See you on your next coffee break!
Take Care,
Mary Anne xxx